Basic Skin Care
The care you give to your skin depends to a large extent on the type of the skin you have. However, we will discuss the basic skin care principles first. Then we will go into specific recommendations based on the type of skin you have.
A daily routine of skin care requires no more than ten minutes and requires only three simple steps each evening and morning:
1. Cleanse. Remove any makeup with cleansing cream or a natural makeup remover. Wash with mild soap or other cleanser, rinse, and pat dry.
2. Tone. Apply an acid-containing solution to restore the pH balance and protective shield. For dry skin, use a mild freshener-toner. For oily skin, use an astringent preparation.
3. Moisturize. Splash on cool water or mist with a spray bottle. Blot, but do not dry completely-moisturizer magic relies more on retaining moisture than in providing it-then smooth on a few drops of your moisturizer.
1. Cleanse lightly to remove nighttime accumulations, refresh your face with a few splashes of water, and pat dry.
2. Tone by applying a freshener or astringent.
3. Moisturize around your eyes. If your face is excessively dry, mist or splash with water, blot, then lightly cover with moisturizer.
Other Steps That are Useful for Skincare
See Also: 20-Minute Skin Care Routine
are developed and maintained