By Robert Elias Najemy
The quantity and quality of our energy flow deeply affect our
emotions, thoughts and reactions. The quality of our
relationships, productivity, creativity and health all depend
upon creating a high level of harmoniously flowing energy.
The following techniques and ways of life will aid us in
building a freer and more positive energy flow.
1. PROPER DIET: Few of us realize the powerful effect of a
proper diet not only on our physical health, but also on our
emotional, mental and spiritual states. A pure diet can create
greater health, more positive emotional states, clearer mental
functioning, and increased spiritual attunement.
2. VITAMINS: If we suspect our emotional state may also be the
result of a worn down nervous system, we might benefit from a
strong multivitamin and mineral supplement for one month.
3. FASTING: We can dramatically improve how we feel with short
one-day fasts, or a "mono-diet" in which we eat only one type of
food, such as only apples, watermelon or grapes. When fasting,
some may experience an increase of symptoms if a "healing
crisis" is provoked. A beginner in this process should be
assisted by an experienced guide.
4. HERBS or FLOWER ESSENCES: Some herbs can be very calming and
/ or invigorating, offering an extra boost which may give us the
needed optimism we need to make internal changes.
5. DAILY PHYSICAL EXERCISE: The body is a live machine, and like
all machines, it needs to move or it will begin to develop
problems. Exercise is essential not only for a healthy muscular,
skeletal and circulatory system, but also for a relaxed nervous
system and balanced endocrine system. This systemic harmony is
necessary for emotional and mental peace.
6. BREATHING TECHNIQUES are essential for the abundant flow of
vital energy throughout the body and mind. Bio-energy is the
basis of all physical and mental functions.
Breathing exercises are one of the most effective ways to
increase our energy level and keep it steady and harmonious so
we will be less susceptible to low emotional states or illness.
We should, however, have the guidance of a person experienced in
breathing techniques before we begin.
7. DAILY DEEP RELAXATION will calm the muscles, nerves and all
other bodily systems, and thus rejuvenate the body and the mind.
Deep relaxation, in conjunction with the above-mentioned
techniques, contributes to the development of strong and healthy
immune system as well as a form of self-therapy from
8. CREATIVE SELF-EXPRESSION is much more important to our
physical, emotional and spiritual health and harmony than most
people imagine. Man is a creative being. Our purpose on Earth is
to create in some way. We might create a family, a business, a
farm, a painting, a piece of music, a dance, etc. Creative
self-expression is essential for our health, harmony and
9. MEANINGFUL ACTIVITY is necessary for us to feel that our life
is worth living. If we do not see what we are doing as
meaningful, useful or helpful in some way, we lose our reason to
exist, and our health and happiness gradually deteriorate.
10. MASSAGE: Shiatsu massage, polarity massage, spiritual
healing, Reiki and other such energy-oriented types of massage
can be especially effective in relaxing the nervous system and
11. CLEANSING TECHNIQUES: One simple method is to increase the
number of showers or baths. Contact with water can be healing
and calming. We can also benefit by cleaning the internal body
systems with enemas and other internal cleansing techniques.
12. EMOTIONAL RELEASE: We might need to partake in a program of
emotional release under the guidance of an experienced
professional, who can help us release pent up emotions which
undermine our health and energy level.
13. SOCIAL HARMONIZATION: We need to discover and overcome any
fears or beliefs that prevent us from feeling comfortable with
14. SPIRITUAL ORIENTATION: Each of us has his or her own
personal relationship with the universe. Whether or not we
adhere to any particular religion, it is important for our inner
balance that we feel and cultivate our relationship with the
whole as humanity, as nature, or as God.
15. SELF-KNOWLEDGE: We need to understand our own inner
mechanisms, needs, desires, fears, expectations, beliefs and
subconscious workings in order to free ourselves from the
negative emotions, mechanisms, which undermine our health,
happiness and relationships.
16. ENLIGHTENING THE SUBCONSCIOUS: This aspect of
self-improvement usually requires an experienced professional
who can help us reprogram the subconscious with positive, more
objective beliefs and perceptions of ourselves, others and the
17. UNCONDITIONAL LOVE towards ourselves and others is the
ultimate key to a high and harmonious energy flow.