10 Critical Ways To A Perfectly Food-Safe Kitchen
by Terry Nicholls
Food poisoning is related to unsafe food, a dirty kitchen, and dirty kitchen appliances. If you follow some safety rules, food poisoning will never occur.
1. Freezing does NOT kill bacteria; it only controls their growth. Common bacteria grow rapidly at 60° F to 120° F. Keep the temperature of the refrigerator below 50° F. Keep the freezer temperature at about 0° F.
2. Don’t take foods out of the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook them.
3. Clean well with hot water to kill bacteria.
4. If washing dishes by hand, leave them to drain rather than using a tea towel. If you use a tea towel, change it often. Paper towels are a better option.
5. Dishcloths are a prime spot for bacteria to grow and multiply. Wash them regularly with hot water or in the washing machine using the hot cycle with antibacterial products.
6. Cook thoroughly to kill bacteria but don’t overcook to the point of charring. It may form amine compounds that may cause cancer. Don’t cook food partially and leave it to cook later.
7. Wash your hands thoroughly with an antibacterial soap before and after cooking.
8. Wash vegetables thoroughly. Wash all lentils, legumes, rice, etc. with lots of water. These are often treated with powder, polish, and even colors, to make them attractive.
9. When you want to use leftovers, heat them to a high temperature so that any bacteria that may have multiplied in the refrigerator will be killed. Throw away any leftover food still left after it has been reheated once.
10. Don't cook if you have a cut on your hand as cuts and scratches harbor many bacteria.
10 Smart Shopping Tips To Protect Your Family From Getting Sick
Prevention of food poisoning starts with your trip to the supermarket. Here's how to start off safely.
10 Simple Ways To Safely Store Food
Storing foods can present its own set of problems. And different types of foods have different storage requirements to prevent bacteria from setting in. Here's some tips to protect your family and yourself.
10 Easy Ways To Protect Your Family From Food Poisoning
Do you realize the many ways that bacteria can contaminate the food your family eats? Do you know how to tell if your food is
thoroughly cooked to keep your family safe from Food Poisoning? Do you know what to do if you or
someone you love gets Food Poisoning?
10 Convenient Ways To Eliminate Food Poisoning With Your Microwave
Microwave ovens can play an important role at mealtime, but special care must be taken when cooking or reheating meat, poultry, fish, and eggs to make sure they are prepared safely.